Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in India

My father has one son(elder) and two daughter(both married and staying in different state). My father is mentally disable from past 1 year and my elder brother is trying to take the advantage of it. He is tryng to get sign of my father on all property papers. Me and my Sister is not staying in westbengal(our residance).WE have given a verbal notice to my brother but his is not ready to accept any right of married sisters in the property. How can we immedately stop my brother to do so. Please advice.

Asked on 6/14/13, 9:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Madam,

Married sisters have an equal right in the parent's property. You should get your father to write up a Will naming all the three children as equal beneficiaries of his property.


Read more
Answered on 6/15/13, 5:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in India