Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in India

our grand mother have our ancestral agricultural land in her name . In paper she is the widow of my grandfather but she have children from another man without marriage. Now she made a registered will in favor of her sons from the second relation. These also gets a share from their father's agricultural land. My father has the maximum land which allowed by Uttar Pradesh sealing act . We are two adult brothers. Can we challanged the will which created by our grand mother or claimed our right on the land which she got from our grand father.

Asked on 5/18/13, 2:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir,

The agricultural land appearing in your grandmother's name which she inherited from your father can only be willed by her to you and your brother. Your grandmother certainly cannot will the agricultural land in the name of her children from another man, simply because the land originally belonged to your father. You should challenge the Will and claim your right to the land.


Read more
Answered on 5/18/13, 3:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in India