Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in India

My maternal uncle made an unregisterd gift deed in 1995 in favour of my mother which is attested by Notary Public with two witnesses on Stamp Paper of Rs. 5.

on basis of this we are getting electricity bill on my mother's name. We are residing on this land from 1995 and made house on this land. Our possession on this residential land is more than 18 yrs. Rs. 20 lacs on this land are invested by us (i.e. by my mother ) on construction on this land. Now my maternal uncle has malafied intention. Please tell us what we do ?

Asked on 4/19/14, 7:50 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

Unfortunately, your uncle has the right to revoke the Gift Deed he has made in the name of your mother anytime You cannot afford to take any "panga" with your Uncle.



Read more
Answered on 4/19/14, 8:42 pm

dear client....

you need to send the copy of gift deed so that it can be examined....

Since the deed is not been registered so it may cause problem still some ways need to be found out . First send the deed so that better advice can be made in regards.

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 4/19/14, 10:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in India