Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in India

Property is in my grand father's name and he has 3 sons and 2 daughters whereas my dad passed away so as of now 2 son's and 2 daughters what should i do to get partition and how does that work?

Asked on 9/15/13, 11:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

Nothing happens if your grandfather is alive and he still does not wish that anything should be done about his property. If your grandfather is no more, and he has left behind a Will, the beneficiary named in the Will, has the right over the property. If there is no Will, the property vests in your grandmother. In her absence, it works by actual physical demarcation and division of the property into five parts ... or if one uncle or aunty is keen to take over the property, he / she has to financially settle all the other heirs including yourself at the prevailing market price of the property.


Read more
Answered on 9/16/13, 12:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in India