Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in India

Respected Sir,

I have two brothers and i am older than them. I am a married women stay at Mumbai. My father has his own self earned property but he is no more now.

but after his death my brother cheated me and take my signature on property papers and remove my name from that property. By mistakly I didn't read that papers before sign.

So sir please advise me what should I do now to take action against my brothers. Is this possible to include my name again in that property? Please answer me as early as possible.

Asked on 8/12/13, 4:02 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Madam,

You should first ascertain whether your father has left behind a Will. If the property comprises of a flat in a registered co-operative housing Society, whether you father has filed a nomination with the Society. If there is no Will, the title of the flat automatically vests in your mother's name first, before any of your brother(s) can take the property in their name. Please find out facts and then re-post query for further advice.


Read more
Answered on 8/12/13, 6:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in India