Legal Question in Workers Comp in Oman

Hallo Sir. I work for some school as English Language Teacher in Jalan Bani Bu Ali, Oman and I am not paid for three months. So what should I do now? Would my contract come to an end? Should I report it to the Ministry of Manpower? What benefit would I get? My contract will expire on Oct, 2014. So am I going to get the full compensation?

Asked on 8/18/13, 9:10 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

You should complain in writing to the Ministry of Labour for them to intervene and compel your employer to pay up all your outstanding salary. No, complaining to the Ministry of Labour is your right, and does not necessarily jeopardize your employment contract. But, if you feel that the salary arrears are likely to continue and if the financial position of your present employer is unsound, you should simultaneously look out for another job in another school / college which is financially well equipped and managed than your present employers.


Read more
Answered on 8/18/13, 10:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

    A PHP Error was encountered

    Severity: Warning

    Message: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

    Filename: views/new_publicquestionview.php

    Line Number: 164

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Oman