Legal Question in Family Law in Alabama

Child Abuse

My x-husband has custody of my 9 year old son and he has gotten remarried 3 years ago. My son step-mother is abusing him and DHR will not do anything about this, what action do I have to take to get him back?He wants to come live with me.Is being hit on the head with brushs,coke bottles,hit in the back with a belt and pushed backforward into the floor child abuse?

Asked on 12/12/00, 5:14 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

John Poti Law Office of John M. Poti

Re: Child Abuse

File a complaint in Juvenile Court in the county in which you live. Go see the Juvenile Intake officer and tell them there is a child in dependent status. The Juvenile Intake officer will review the complaint and decide if a formal petition will be filed with the court.

I hope this helps. Feel free to give me a call if I can be of further assistance. (334) 361-3535.

Read more
Answered on 12/13/00, 12:04 pm
Leigh Love Leigh Love

Re: Child Abuse

you need to file a petition to modify

there does not necessarily have to be child abuse for a judge to change custody

he will do what is "in the best interest of the child"

If you need help please contact us

there is no charge for consultation

Leigh Love


or 205-733-1131

Read more
Answered on 12/14/00, 6:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Alabama