Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Alabama

My husband went to jail 3 months ago and now I cant pay our home loan. Can I file bankrupt if he is not here?

Asked on 11/17/13, 3:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joshua Snable Snable, Chaney & Snable, LLC

You can file bankruptcy without the participation of your husband. I would urge you, though, to pursue other avenues first before deciding to file bankruptcy. Your mortgage lender likely offers some "loss mitigation" options, which are very popular considering the present economic times. There are alternatives that you may want to consider first before deciding your course of action. I offer a free consultation, so feel free to call 205.939.0780 or email me at [email protected], and I'd be happy to arrange a meeting with you.

Read more
Answered on 11/22/13, 6:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Alabama