Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Alabama

My girlfriend is constantly being harassed via text messages and phone calls from an ex and every time she blocks his number he uses someone elses phone. What can we do?

Asked on 4/27/11, 1:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Randal Ford Ford Firm

I always find these types of situations "fishy" when the girl is a "victim" and can't seem to stop an old boyfriend, etc. from contacting her.

You KNOW she can change HER PHONE NUMBER and it won't matter what phone he is calling from.

You ALSO KNOW she could have him arrested for harassing communications (if she WANTED to).

You also know that any excuse that she gives you other than "yes I'll do that" is BS.

Solution: tell her to take responsibility and solve the problem OR you change girlfriends.

Read more
Answered on 5/14/11, 9:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Alabama