Legal Question in Consumer Law in Alabama

apartment lease

i live in an apartment complex and i live on the bottom floor. my bathroom got stopped up and crap was all in my tub, toilet and floor. they came to fix it but it happened 6 more times after that. i told my landlady that i wanted to move, so she allowed it, but it cost me quite a bit of money to move. i reported it to the health department and they came out there. i was wondering if the apartment complex will pay for my move and damages that were done? is there something i can do from other people from renting there? can i sue them for letting me live in such a harmful environment? thank you!

Asked on 2/22/03, 1:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bobby Lott, Jr. Attorney at Law

Re: apartment lease

There might be a way to sue the landlord for breach of contract or possibly other causes of action. I would need more details, please contact my office at 205 - 322 - 3747 if you want to set up an appointment. There is no charge for the initial visit.

Thank you very much.

Read more
Answered on 3/07/03, 9:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Alabama