Legal Question in Consumer Law in Alabama

Forgery on a contract

I joined a gym they promised daycare and other services which were not provided after the contract was signed. It was understood that my father would be paying for the membership, he was not available to sign the contract the business advised me to sign his name for him. Is this legal? and can they bind me to the contract since they do not have the proper signatures? Which they are telling me that even if he stops payment that I am still responsible for the remainder of the payments. Can they do that?

Asked on 2/11/03, 2:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bobby Lott, Jr. Attorney at Law

Re: Forgery on a contract

How old are you? If you are under 19, then you don't have to honor the contract. The health club, by encouraging you to sign your father's name was facilitating fraud. I would contact an attorney locally and get more advice.

Read more
Answered on 2/12/03, 4:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Alabama