Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Alabama

College Transcripts

The college accidently over paid me on my student loan and now they will not

release my transcripts. Is there any way I can get my records without having to pay

them the $2700.00. They will not even let me arrange a payment plan and I'm tired

of dealing with them.

Asked on 7/17/00, 4:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jon Lewis Lewis, Feldman, & Lehane, LLC

Re: College Transcripts

They can probably assert a lien on your records; however, I would have several questions:

1. Are you in default on the loan?

2. What were the original terms of the loan?

3. What does the loan agreement provide for their remedy if you are in default?

4. Does the loan agreement state whether or not you can have your records if you are in default or, more probably, does the agreement not even address the issue?

If you would like to discuss, please give me a call.

Read more
Answered on 9/09/00, 10:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Alabama