Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Alabama

Financial judgement

We received a judgement against us on a chargeoff account from 6 yrs. Ago. We received no notification about court. And they asked for 15,000. When original amount was 9000. We offered to settle for 3,500. Last year and they did not respond. We need to have the judgement set aside. What do we need to do? Can they do this?

Asked on 3/27/09, 12:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Pfeifer Pfeifer LLC

Re: Financial judgement

If you were never served with the lawsuit, then you would have valid grounds for having the judgment set aside and for obtaining a new trial. I would suggest that you go see a lawyer immediately to start the paperwork for trying to get the judgment vacated. The longer you wait after knowing about the judgment, the less likely a judge is to set it aside.

If we can be of any assistance to you, please give us a call or send us an email. Good luck to you.

Read more
Answered on 3/27/09, 1:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Alabama