Legal Question in Criminal Law in Alabama

I bonded my brother-in-law out of jail here in Alabama on a 7500.00 dollar bond. His mother has paid about 300.00 dollars on this bond. Since then, he has went to court on other charges and received a sentence of 25 years. What I need to know is, can I be held liable for the rest of the fee even though he is incarcerated. I had even tried to take my name off the bond and the bonding company said I could not do this.

Asked on 6/10/13, 12:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

The bonding company did what you asked them to and is entitled to the agreed fee. It's not their fault your brother has had more charges filed against him.

Read more
Answered on 6/10/13, 12:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Alabama