Legal Question in Criminal Law in Alabama

How can a inmate changed his court appointed lawyer

Asked on 12/29/09, 8:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mari Morrison Mari Morrison

As an inmate you usually do not have a court appointed lawyer except for the purpose of an appeal. If you are in the appeals process, then it still is not easy to change your lawyer. An accused is entitled to a lawyer, not one of his choice but a competent lawyer. If you want to change, you more than likely will have to pay for a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 1/03/10, 8:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Alabama