Legal Question in Criminal Law in Alabama

my ex who i lived withfor three years filed a warrant on me for throwing a mattress outside and it getting rained on the police said it was criminal mischief 3 and now he keeps threatening me with taking my child and he will take her for his time and withholds her for days at a time if we lived together for two years can he charge me with this and if he isnt on the birth certificate can he take her from me?

Asked on 10/29/10, 9:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mari Morrison Mari Morrison, P.C.

Now here is the real question, were you married when the child was born? If not, then he has no legal rights to the child. You should take your child and get gone! He would have to file a paternity suit and file for custody to get the child. He would also have to pay child support if he is found to be the father. Please feel free to contact me through my web site if I can be of assistance.

Read more
Answered on 11/03/10, 4:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Alabama