Legal Question in Criminal Law in Alabama

Someone with a "sex offender" charge would like to know what the law states about the offender leaving his home. We were told that he could not leave his home (such as vacation,etc.) for more than 3 nights. Also he has a girlfriend that lives about 10 miles or less from his residence and considered to be, by local law, a "safe area" but he is not allowed to even visit her home daily for more than 10 days during one month. He is not on probation or parole. He did 9 months in jail and was off probation in Oct of 2010. Please advise on his rights on this if any.

Thank you!

Asked on 2/04/11, 3:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mari Morrison Mari Morrison, P.C.

He should talk with the Sheriff's department in his county and obtain all of the requirements. That is his best source aside from the probation office.

Read more
Answered on 2/09/11, 5:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Alabama