Legal Question in Family Law in Alabama

I have a close friend who is currently pregnant and wants to voluntary relinquish her parental rights. She confided to me that she and the father have 3 other children together and they simply cannot afford to take care of another child. They were even considering an abortion until I expressed my devotion towards the child. Together we all have discussed this and both of the parents are in agreement to relinquish their parental rights immediately after the child is born and allow me to adopt the child. What steps should we take to relinquish their rights and give me the rights to adopt the child in AL?

Asked on 9/11/14, 5:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Edward Tracy Southern Legal Group, P.C.

There are documents to be completed by all three parties. These documents are filed in the probate judge's office, where the entire adoption process takes place. I will be happy to answer any questions you have. My email is edwa[email protected] and cell phone is 334-787-9119.

Read more
Answered on 9/11/14, 5:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Alabama