Legal Question in Family Law in Alabama

My daughter was married a year ago in September. She and new spouse are from MS and were married in AL. They have recently split and he admitted his previous marriage was not over/final until 3 months after their marriage. What to do now? File something in AL or MS????

Asked on 10/30/13, 11:54 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mari Morrison Mari Morrison

My understanding is that now that the marriage is final in MS, they are legally married in Alabama. So, if she lives here, they can file a divorce here.

Read more
Answered on 10/30/13, 6:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Alabama