Legal Question in Family Law in Alabama

Enforcement of a Divorce Decree

I was divorced in 1997in Alabama. I now reside in Tennessee and my exhusband resides in California. The divorce decree specifically states that ''The parties acknowledge and represent to each other that there are no outstanding joint debts owed at this time. The parties agree to cancel the following joint credit cards, and the Wife is expressly relieved of any obligation thereon: MBNA Mastercard, BP Oil, Shell Oil and American Express'' My exhusband somehow retained the MC and Shell accounts, charged high balances and was sent out to collections. These items are showing up on my credit report. Is there any way to enforce the divorce decree and clear my credit?

Asked on 5/18/04, 6:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robin Gordon Gordon Law Group, PLC

Re: Enforcement of a Divorce Decree

You can enforce this order but it will need to be done in front of the original court.

Read more
Answered on 5/18/04, 7:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Alabama