Legal Question in Family Law in Alabama

I went through family court for a divorce in 1988 in Montgomery county, Montgomery, AL. Can the court system allow a continued dispute to be held in a different county?

Asked on 12/22/13, 12:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Randal Ford Ford Firm

State statute allows the custodial parent to transfer the case to the county where he/she resides after so many years. So the answer is a "qualified yes." Because you have not provided specific facts I suggest you talk to a family law attorney in your area.

Read more
Answered on 1/29/14, 8:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Alabama