Legal Question in Family Law in Alabama

I would like to know if I have grounds to file for abandonment on my sons sperm donor, he hasn't paid child support in full in over 3 months were actually going for contempt of court on the 20th for this, he hasn't seen my son since the beginning of June when I took him down to where he lives and begged him to come see him and he only stayed 30 mins, we have a visitation agreement signed by a judge saying he is to come to my town to see him and he's only came once that was signed and informed over 4 months ago, he never calls or texts or writes my son, the only communication we have is he texts me every now and again asking how he is ill say fine and won't hear from him again for a few days to a few weeks with the same question, he never sends my son anything, nor does he know anything about him, his shoe size clothes size favorite color etc. My husband is the only father he knows, and my husband is willing and ready to adopt him what do I need to do or what steps do I take?

Asked on 9/13/16, 3:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Hal Walker Walker Law Firm

Parental rights would have to be terminated for your Husband to adopt. A good attorney in your county can help with that.

Read more
Answered on 9/13/16, 4:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Alabama