Legal Question in Family Law in Alabama

My husband and I live in Alabama. I went to the court house and got the papers to fill out for a divorce. The only thing that both our names are on

is the mortgage to the house. I want to have my name removed from the mortgage. I filed chapter 13 this past year, but my husband did not. How can I sign my share of our home over to him?

Asked on 8/12/15, 7:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Hal Walker Walker Law Firm

He would have to qualify and refinance the home in his name only. There is no way for you to convey your part of the mortgage responsibility to him.

Read more
Answered on 8/13/15, 3:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Alabama