Legal Question in Family Law in Alabama

What legal documents do I need if my 15 year old daughter is living with me and was staying at her dad's house and don't wanna sign custody papers till December, that gives her a year to see if she wants to stay here permintly. We do not want to go back to court, and I love 6 hrs. From her dad. He has not contacted her for Christmas, her birthday, or after her surgery. She wants to play sports but school needs something bonding I'm court just in case. Please help me????

Asked on 7/13/16, 7:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mari Morrison Mari Morrison

You got to petition for custody to have LEGAL custody. How did she have surgery without consent of parent with legal custody? Do you have grounds to change custody other than she wants to stay with you? If so, that would be important. You have limited information given which restricts giving a complete response. You should contact a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 7/25/16, 9:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Alabama