Legal Question in Family Law in Alabama

Single Fathers Rights

I am a very disturbed grandmother my son is 24 years old and has a daughter 4 years old .He is a single father who adores his daughter he has devoted the last four years to nothing but her.My question is he has always fought for his rights as a father and always seem to come out at the short in of the stick.His daughters mother is recently married and moving out of state he took her to court to stop it but it didnt work she has moved anyway.My son and grandaughter are very close because he has kept her way more than just regular visitation.He has always paid more child support than was asked and has always been there for the child ,the mother admitted to using drugs court .He do not have a record or anything is there anything else we can do to get her back home where all her family is on both sides?

Asked on 12/12/01, 10:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Walter Blocker Walter l. Blocker, III P.C.

Re: Single Fathers Rights

it sounds like you have used the legal remedies available to you in contesting the move out of state. the father still should have visitation rights with his child that can be exercised even though the parents live in different states. also alabama provides for grandparent visitation although it is usually limited. perhaps a petition to modify if there has been any change of circumstances since the last hearing, a motion for new trial if there is still time left within which to file. consult your attorney asap regarding this situation before any more time lapses.

Read more
Answered on 12/16/01, 2:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Alabama