Legal Question in Family Law in Alabama

In the state of Alabama. Father is primary custodian of 2 children in early teens. Mom has typical visitation and pays no child support. Visitation has not been constant and there is a refusal to act in the best interest of the child. She will not come to the school or take them to their games or practices. May visit them once every month or every 2 months. Has been reported to DHR twice and there has been some issues with her oldest son who lives with her who attacked her and now is in legal trouble for trying to burn down his high school. Don't really feel the environment she has is in the best interest of the kids and try to work with her but she continues not to want to work with me so the kids can enjoy their activities.

Asked on 5/20/13, 7:44 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jennifer Tompkins Stewart Littell Courson and Tompkins LLC

Are you asking what can be done? You could file a petition to modify visitation to limit the contact.

Read more
Answered on 5/29/13, 9:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Alabama