Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Alabama

Hello, thanks for taking the time to give advice. I worked for a metal roofing company for 5-6 years. I controlled all inslulation and ordering. I filled in for the owner and secretary when needed . Me and the owner had a great relationship. As the economy started to change I knew we needed to expand our buisness. He had no knowledge of commerical building or how to obtain a general contracting liesence. I was friends with a person that was in the buisness and use to have a gc liesence but had went bankrupt . So I talked to the owner about getting our liesence and bidding on commercial work and he agreed. I brought my friend in and introduced them and has him take the gc test for the company. We agreed I would get 20% my friend 45% and the owner 35% of the profit. I had a contract drawn up at a law firm in 09( a month or 2 after we started. It was mainly for my wife to get my 20% if something happened to me. But I didn't get it signed the owner assured me ( we were very good friends and I had no reason not to trust him) that she would or I would get 20% of the profits if something happened. I have state/ federal certified payroll records showing me as a owner. Things didn't work out so I left in 3/11 and they were going to buy me out for $20000.00. It's been 10 months and nothing they say they just don't have it but will pay . A friend approached me in 5/11 needing a gc liesence to due work in the coal mines . I talked to the owner and they got the contract and started working on a 3 million dollar contract for the mines. I talked to him this month and still he is telling me he doesn't have the money. This is after he has spent $75000.00 on a plane $30000.00 for a unground pool and a $100000.00 on equipment. When I confronted him about it he said he will pay at his convenience not mine. Where do I go from here??? Thanks

Asked on 1/24/12, 6:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Coleman Murchison & Howard, LLC

You need to go to a lawyer with all your paperwork, and sue this guy. This is too complicated an issue to resolve on an online chat. Get to an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 1/25/12, 6:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Alabama