Legal Question in Immigration Law in Alabama

I was born In Bolivia. I came to the US when I was 36 Legally. I over stayed my time and my visa has expired. I came home to Bolivia to visit family. Can I get back to the states. I want to stay this time. I lived and was employed there for 10 years. What do i need to do. Can i come back into the states? How long will it take I will have to apply for a visa?

Asked on 9/07/09, 11:05 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Luba Smal Smal Immigration Law Office

When you left the USA, it triggered a 10-year inadmissibility bar. Now, you are inadmissible to USA for the next 10 years.

Living and working in USA for 10 years illegally and then departing and going back to Bolivia, didn't give you any special right to come back to USA.

If you have a USA citizen wife or children over 21 years of age, they may petition for you. However, you will have to wait abroad and will need to apply for a waiver of a 10-year bar.

Email: Attorney [@]


Read more
Answered on 9/13/09, 2:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Alabama