Legal Question in Immigration Law in Alabama

My Fiance' is illegal

My fiance' was brought to the united states as a child, she is now 20 years old and while living here she did attend school and she did graduate and she has a high school diploma. we have plans on gettin married in may 2008 and i desperatley want to get her status fixed so she can be able to work a real job and maintain an id/ drivers license..what can she do seeing that she was brought over as a child?

Asked on 11/01/07, 12:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Cho Law Offices of Michael Cho

Re: My Fiance' is illegal

This depends on how she was brought in, what the status of her parents are, etc.

Worst case is that you marry her and apply for her lawful permanent residence including the I-601 waiver process for her unlawful presence in the U.S.

Read more
Answered on 11/01/07, 12:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Alabama