Legal Question in Immigration Law in Alabama

Hallo,my husband(US CITIZEN) filed for my son(9yrs) on 2008,and he was approved and he went to one of the US Embassy in Africa,am not sure what happened but they did not give him the Visa they said they have sent back the CASE in USA.Up to this date we have not received anything.My husband and I have decided to cancel that case in JAN 2011.Am a Permanent Resident with 10yrs Green Card can I file for my son?if yes,how long will it take the Visa to be AVAILABLE?or can my husband file for him again?.Please help am desperate.

Asked on 1/31/11, 9:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Seeta Nangia Law Offices of Seeta Nangia

You should speak to an immigration attorney about what happened with the prior petition. You can file for your son under the Family-based 2nd category but the current visa bulletin shows that petitions filed before January 2008 are being processed. Please feel free to contact me for a consultation as I work with individuals across the country.

Seeta L. Nangia, Esq.

Law Offices of Seeta Nangia

Exclusively Practicing Immigration Law

Phone: (415) 273-9123

Email: [email protected]


Read more
Answered on 2/08/11, 2:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Alabama