Legal Question in Immigration Law in Alabama

Philippine divorced non us citizen female with 4 yr old us citizen son wants to US to work and make life.. Can this be done without expensive attorney?

Asked on 1/30/17, 7:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

Without eligibility to immigrate, it cannot be done at all. Your U.S. citizen child cannot petition you until he is 21 yrs old. Periods of unlawful presence or an unlawful entry can also hurt your chances of immigrating. For more information on ways that a person is eligible to immigrate, please see: I still suggest you consult with an Immigration Attorney or Legal Aid type clinic. Not all immigration attorneys are expensive & there are some pro bono clinics that may be able to assist (Legal Aid, Bar Associations, ACLU, etc).

good luck!

Read more
Answered on 1/30/17, 10:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Alabama