Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Alabama

My son was circumsized almost three years ago and he always had infections, pain, and discomfort. It never looked right to me so I finally had a doctor refer him to a urologist. He took one look and said that it was an incomplete circumcision. My son just had surgery yesterday to correct the first doctors mistake. So I need to know if I have any ground to stand on to make her pay for her mistake she preformed on my son almost three years ago or do I just get over it? Are there any time limitations?

Asked on 2/16/10, 7:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Nolan Nolan Elder Law LLC

Aside from the statute of limitations question, this being 3 year's old, the real question is whether you could ever get a doctor to testify against another doctor. They will tell you face to face what a bum the other MD might be but will never take the stand in court to do so, so "proof" is an issue as well and finally, damages is another issue. What monetary damages can you prove to the court? If you can't prove financial damages, you are out of luck. Contact a local lawyer if you want to get a 2nd

Read more
Answered on 2/21/10, 9:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Alabama