Legal Question in Personal Injury in Alabama

me and my family was in a wreck on dec 15,2010...a young guy hit us on the freeway and kept going but we also had a witness that seen everything and gave her statement. later they caught up with the guy and he said he was trying to avoid another wreck but it wasn't one . so the guy was at fault for hiting me.i had a lawyer and from my understanding the guy insurance company is denying my claim cause he said we got over on him and also they cant reach the witness and i didnt have insurance at the time. but the police report said that vehicle one which was the guy hit vechicle two which was me .its almost a year and im stress out .i car need's fixed,i have bills from the doctor and i just dnt know what to do..all these lawyers saying they can help and we have a case but they are not doing anything and not even communcating with me..what can i do?

Asked on 7/27/11, 8:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jon Lewis Lewis, Feldman, & Lehane, LLC

If you have an attorney, you need to make an appointment and sit down with your attorney to discuss the case. Another attorney cannot discuss your case while you have an attorney. Do you still have an attorney?

Additionally, in order for an attorney to properly evaluate your case, the attorney must be able to see all the evidence, i.e.: photos or damage to the cars, medical information, are where wreck occurred, etc. Also, the attorney needs to see the wreck report (the wreck report is not evidence because it is not admissible) and speak with any witnesses.

I hope this helps. For further information, you may e-mail me at [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 7/27/11, 11:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Alabama