Legal Question in Personal Injury in Alabama

I was hit by someone in a car accident.they ran a stop sign but the sign was laying on the ground.her insurance will not pay.they say it is the citys fault.what do i do?

Asked on 8/25/11, 7:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jon Lewis Lewis, Feldman, & Lehane, LLC

You will need to file an affidavit of claim against the city within 6 months, or you lose your claim against the city. You will also probably have to file suit against the other driver and the City, and they can point fingers at each other. Essentially, the defendant will be your witness that the City did not properly maintain the stop sign.

Read more
Answered on 8/29/11, 8:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Alabama