Legal Question in Personal Injury in Alabama

I was hit on Hwy 280 on my way to work. The lady hit me on the passenger side which pushed my Jeep over. I had previous issues with my back, neck, and arms due to my job. The day of accident I started having headaches and went to doctor and stated I had a pinch nerve due to accident, whiplash. My doctor stated accident made my conditon worse.I had surgery to release pressure in neck. I had to get plate and 2 discs removed. What do I need to do and about what should settlement amount be?

Asked on 10/06/12, 12:02 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

C. Terry Gregg, Jr. Law Offices of Terry Gregg, LLC

Generally, you have two years from the date of injury to file suit. Do not talk to her or her insurance carrier and document all damages that resulted from the car crash.

Don't waste any time, as these matters take long enough without waiting. Contact an attorney Monday.

Read more
Answered on 10/06/12, 12:23 pm

Danny Feldman Lewis, Feldman, Lehane & McAtee L.L.C.

You need to hire an experienced and competent personal injury attorney to represent your interests. There is no way at the moment to give any meaningful answer to your question regarding the settlement value of your case. Many, many factors go into that determination.

I can tell you that the other side's insurance company will make an issue of your pre-existing back and neck issues. That said, the law is very clear that the person that caused your wreck, while obviously not responsible for your pre-existing problems is responsible for aggravating and exacerbating those problems.

The advice given above about not giving a recorded statement to the other side is sound. Pick out a couple of lawyers and start talking to them tomorrow about the legal process and your options going forward.

Read more
Answered on 10/07/12, 9:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Alabama