Legal Question in Product Liability in Alabama

Defective Automobile

I purchased a new truck in 06. I took it to the dealership in Dec. 07 for repairs. The truck is still under warranty until Dec. 2010. The dealership has told me that the truck has engine problems that cannot be repaired. I would have had this truck paid off in 4 years. What should they have to do to compensate me. Should they give me a new truck valued at the same amount as my truck was when I purchased it. I don't feel as though I should have to go back to a 6year loan to be able to afford the notes on a truck to replace mine. $ wise what are they responsible for.

Asked on 2/01/08, 5:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jon Lewis Lewis, Feldman, & Lehane, LLC

Re: Defective Automobile

If you can prove breach of warranty, you can recover the difference between the value of the truck in mint condition less the value of the truck in its defective condition. You may e-mail me with any questions. [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 2/05/08, 6:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Products Liability questions and answers in Alabama