Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Alabama

my mother passed away 2 years ago i took care of her for 4 years she bought a house before she became ill she had my broth to cosign with her. before she died she made a will and had it probated the house was willed to me, but my brother name was on the deeds when she pass the insurance paid the house off i went to atlanta for two weeks last month when i came back my brother had changed the locks and said he was taking his house back what are my legal rights help please!!!!

Asked on 9/11/12, 3:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Nolan Nolan Elder Law LLC

You will need to hire an attorney to help you with this. Generally, deeds trump what is in someone's will, but only an attorney can advise you on what options you have. Look for one who handles "probate" in Jefferson County.

Read more
Answered on 9/12/12, 11:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Alabama