Legal Question in Workers Comp in Alabama

My husband has been hurt on the job and filed a workman's comp case, but he needs surgery and his employer is dragging their feet with the paperwork. How can he make them help?

Asked on 9/16/19, 8:04 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jon Lewis Lewis, Feldman, & Lehane, LLC

That is a difficult question to answer on e-mail, especially without knowing the details of the accident and medical treatment. Workers comp carriers are using many different techniques to deny treatment and coverage. I highly recommend you seek the counsel of a competent workers compensation attorney. Typically, the initial consultation is provided at no cost, and if the attorney takes the case, the attorney's fee is capped at 15% of the recovery plus expenses. The only way to try to make them help is to get in front of a judge, and even then, it can be difficult with Alabama Work Comp laws.

Read more
Answered on 9/16/19, 8:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Alabama