Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Arizona

Due to the mishandeling of my late husband's will, I am now out $150,000.00 dollars . Should I show the Current Lawyer his error, or sue him? My husband died Mar 31st.2012. They wrote the will... upon death, 3 checks were to be written to 3 sibblings for $50,000.00 each from business. I was to loan business $150,000.00, business to be paid back with interest. Thats not what happened. Due to lack of guidence by said Law firm, 3 sibblings now have 'inheritance payments' from "sale"of bussiness, hence my $150,000.00 screw job by my own Lawyer....(heavy-sigh) oh what to do?

Asked on 3/20/13, 12:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Donald Scher Donald T. Scher & Associates, P.C.

You need to consult with an experienced attorney who can analize the facts and determine if your lawyer committed malpractice, or not. If you still have the opportunity to collect back from the estate, you need to take immediate legal action to do so. It is necessary to write down the time line and all of the pertinent facts, statements and representations that were made to induce you to make a loan to the business.

Read more
Answered on 3/20/13, 3:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Arizona