Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Arizona

Can I take my husband off the bankruptcy if my he fails to appear at the 131 meeting ?

Asked on 6/07/11, 5:17 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Cindy Greene Carmichael & Powell, P.C.

Why is he not going to appear at the 341?

Read more
Answered on 6/07/11, 5:19 pm

Christy Thompson Thompson & Faas, Attorneys at Law

Before considering removing him from your bankruptcy, you might want to give him another chance to appear, the trustee will. Also, if he has a medical reason, a work reason or another valid reason for not appearing, discuss this fact with your attorney and they can assist you in changing the time or even having him appear by phone. In the event, he was not be able to appear by phone, your attorney can also request his appearance be waived. A waiver of appearance happens in limited situations, such as being incarcerated, being detained out of state or similar situations. I hope this helps.

Read more
Answered on 6/08/11, 9:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Arizona