Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Arizona

We partially paid the fee for an attorney to complete a CH 7 bankruptcy in November. We finally got the rest of the money together to pay him in full as well as the filing fees, only to find out his license was suspended. Do we have any recourse in getting the money back?

Asked on 4/04/13, 10:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Hyder Law Office of Scott W. Hyder, PLC

Absolutely. You need to file a complaint with the State Bar. You also need to send to him a letter demanding it back in 10 days. The State Bar has a recovery fund for this kind of thing, but I'm not sure how fast they can pay you.

If you still need legal counsel for bankruptcy, please feel free to call me.

Read more
Answered on 4/04/13, 11:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Arizona