Legal Question in Personal Injury in Arizona

On private property, a man says I backed into his van. I don't think I did. I started to drive away, and noticed he was yelling and turning around to follow me. I had only gone about 100 feet away, and I stopped. I told him I didn't hit him. He was taking pictures of me and my licence plate, etc. I am a courier, and had a package that I had to get to east Mesa within an hour. My dispatcher told me if I didn't hit him I should leave, and not give him any info. I left like they told me, but first I wrote down my name, phone, insurance info, work name and phone and gave it to him, then I went on to deliver the package. Within an hour, Scottsdale PD was telling my work that to avoid hit and run charges I was to call him, asap..which I did. I talked to him several times. He said they were gonna charge me with hit and run, cause I drove that 100 feet before I pulled over, and I was required to give info on my address and vin number. Well, he has a picture of my plate, so that would take care of the vin number, and this guy was irate and scary, and I wasn't about to give him my address. Anyway, I now have to go to court on 3 charges: 1-Leaving accident scene, damage vehicle, 2=Failure to remain at accident scene, 3-Failure to give info at accident scene. Could you tell me what should I do? Fight it? I feel I left plenty of info, I talked a bunch of times to the police, never tried to hide or run. I am also on minimum supervisory probation, until around Dec 2010. Will this get me violated? Thanks for answering. Diane DeGar

Asked on 10/10/10, 2:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Jenkins Jenkins Law Center PLC

This is a criminal law question, not injury and tort. Yes you need to defend, and get a criminal law attorney to help you right away. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 10/16/10, 8:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Arizona