Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Arizona

If I am in a chapter 13 and would like to change it to a chapter 7, what do i need to do

Asked on 1/11/12, 11:53 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Warren Markowitz Warren R. Markowitz, Esq

First, I suggest that you speak with your Attorney; if you are not represented, the conversion from a 13 to a 7 is relatively easy. You need to file a motion of conversion with the associated notices to creditors and the court should make the change without any substantial issues. You will then receive information from the newly appointed Chapter 7 trustee for a new 341 hearing.

Good Luck.

Read more
Answered on 1/11/12, 2:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Arizona