Legal Question in Criminal Law in Arizona

im being charged with hindering prosecution. I was a victim of aggravated assault and decided to press charges on my ex-boyfriend for breaking my nose. After the incident I had no contact with my ex, until the detectives working the case asked for my help to find out where he was so they could arrest him. I agreed and after several attempts to have him meet me, he finally did. After I knew where he was staying I contacted the detective and gave the specific cross streets. Two weeks later my ex calls me and invites me over to the house. The cops show up a few hours later to arrest him. I was also arrested for "hindering prosecution". Now I'm looking at 1 yr in prison!!!! Should I take this to trial?

Asked on 7/11/13, 1:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brian Strickman Strickman Law Office, PLLC

If you are looking at a potential prison sentence then I highly recommend that you request an attorney be appointed for you. The ability to obtain appointed counsel will depend on multiple factors including your income level.

Read more
Answered on 7/11/13, 4:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Arizona