Legal Question in Criminal Law in Arizona

We got the family together for Thanksgiving. My son that was visiting from Texas had a little too much to drink and got into a scuffle with his brother. The police was called and he spent the night in jail. The next day he was released and went back to Texas. He now has a court date in Arizona on November 12th. Is there anything he can do to postpone it or appear in Texas? It's a 16 hour drive and $500.00 to fly for the day. Who do we contact to get help with this? Thank you for your help.

Asked on 12/02/17, 12:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Craig Orent Orent Law Offices, PLC

If your son is charged with a misdemeanor then a private attorney who represents him can appear in court on his behalf. He should have an attorney represent him in any event; it's a mistake to represent oneself, and if he did that, or had a public defender, he would need to appear in court each time; and there will be, or should be, many court dates over the next months (unless he simply appears in court and pleads guilty which he should NOT do). Get counsel. Good luck.

Craig Orent, Esq.

Orent Law Offices, PLC

11811 N Tatum Blvd Ste 3031

Phoenix, AZ 85028


cell: 602-295-7106

Fax: 888-506-5818

email: [email protected]


Read more
Answered on 12/02/17, 12:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Arizona