Legal Question in Elder Law in Arizona

I have a Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care of my husband. Do I still need Durable Power of Attorney for all other decisions pertaining to his welfare? What rights do I have regarding decisions about how his grave site is managed?

Asked on 5/24/12, 11:00 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Donald Scher Donald T. Scher & Associates, P.C.

Yes, you need authority under a durable power of attorney to determine where he lives, how he lives, his diet, exercise and entertainment regime and all other issues pertaining to his life. In addition, you need authority to undertake his financial affairs, pay bills, expenses, taxes, and more, and also to make claims on his behalf or even bring suit for him.

Read more
Answered on 5/24/12, 2:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Arizona