Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

I have 2 children living in New Jersey with the mom, I am in Arizona paying child support, and bring them with me during summer vacations. one is 14 years old and the other one is 21 years old working two jobs and going to the University. The mom is involved and a relationship where I feel my children are not safe. How can I legally do something to protect them. Please let me know. Thank you!

Asked on 3/26/16, 9:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Debra Palomino PALOMINO LAW FIRM, P.C.

Good morning. You will need to file a petition for modification to change your 14 yr old's primary residence as well as change the parenting time. Your 21 year old emancipated at 18 or 19 if still in high school so he/she won't be included in the change.

Read more
Answered on 3/28/16, 10:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona