Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

It has been 3 weeks since Dylan has seen Emily. Kayla will not tell Dylan where they are since they were kicked out of her mothers house a week ago. She will not let Dylan see Emily unless Dylan pays money to see her. And now Emilys health is declining. She is on a breathing machine and is only 17 pounds. Ask how to go about getting emergency custody. Also tried to get Emilys social security number and they will not let Dylan have it at the social office since Emily does not live with her. According to them Kayla is still a resident of her mothers house.

cannot get social to file papers

Asked on 2/02/12, 12:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rich Peters R.J. Peters & Assoc., P.C.

YOU SHOULD CONSULT WITH US IMMEDIATELY. If the child's health is in danger, Father must file an Emergency Petition. But there is no way I can teach him how to do that via this email.

We have three attorneys. We charge from $220 per hour to $250 per hour. Our retainers can run as low as $500 for demand letters/phone calls, $1200 plus costs for uncontested matters, or from $2,000 to $4,000 for most contested matters. We can also structure assistance to help you represent yourself if your prefer, whether by the project or by the hour.

Please remember that a retainer is just a prepayment of time, and is not an estimate as to the total costs of the matter. If I finish within the retainer, then I refund any unearned amounts.

One of our attorneys can explain the issues and procedures better in person. As you can imagine, there is too much to cover via email. We offer free 1/2 hour consultations, in which we can discuss your matter in detail.

Please call us directly to discuss the specifics of your matter, or contact my assistant Alicia or my paralegal Jennifer to schedule your free 1/2 hour consultation.

/s/ Rich J. Peters

R.J. Peters & Assoc., P.C.

1422 North 2nd Street, Suite 100

Phoenix, Arizona 85004


facsimile 602-254-1229

see our website at

Read more
Answered on 2/23/12, 7:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona