Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

If an affidavit of attempted service was made in a divorce case, can the respondent lose by default? Or does it have to be served by publication first? I am in Phoenix AZ.

Asked on 6/29/13, 11:01 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Carlie Owsley Walker The Owsley Law Firm, PLLC

If the court grants the other party the right to serve you by alternate means (mail, email, even Facebook at times) publication may not be required. Please ensure you file a response ASAP to protect your interests in the matter. We offer free consultations should you need further assistance at 623-748-8973.

Best of luck!

Read more
Answered on 7/10/13, 3:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona