Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

in Arizona can a unmarried mother give power of attorney to a relative without the father of the child's consent. The father of the child is on the birth certificate.

Asked on 4/30/12, 8:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rich Peters R.J. Peters & Assoc., P.C.

Yes, that would not be a problem. We can provide what ios called a "Delegation of Parental Authority", which is valid for 6 months at a time.

We can certainly help you consider and then pursue your options.

One of our attorneys can explain the issues and procedures better in person. As you can imagine, there is too much to cover via email. We offer free 1/2 hour consultations, in which we can discuss your matter in detail.

Please call us directly to discuss the specifics of your matter, or contact my assistant Alicia or my paralegal Jennifer to schedule your free 1/2 hour consultation.

Rich J. Peters

Attorney at Law

1422 N. 2nd Street Suite 100

Phoenix, Arizona 85004


Fax (602)254-1229

Read more
Answered on 4/30/12, 9:18 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona